A few weeks ago, I designed the Elf beanie and cowl, which is like having a beanie long enough to also serve as a neck warmer. Immediately, I knew a shorter version would follow. This bobble stocking beanie is the shorter version. This would make a beautiful knotted beanie or simply make it into your desired length and add a pom.
In addition to the bobble stocking beanie, I have designed matching booties for infants. The booties are made in rows, for uniformity in size and shape. If you’ve ever struggled with archiving a similar shape of baby shoes, this technique would teach you how to make crochet baby booty with a similar shape.
Sizes available – The bobble crochet stocking hat is graded in 5 different sizes.
|Adult Small (XL)||22”||18”|
|Adult Large (XXL)||23”||18”|
This pattern is only available as a Premium version. You can get the PDF on either ETSY or Ravelry using the link below.
The patterns are currently 30% off through December 25th.
Use BOBBLES at checkout.
MATERIALS FOR THIS EASY BOBBLES STOCKING HAT PATTERN
Yarn – This prototype was made using DK (double Knit, #3). You can make yours in any Dk available to you.
Prototype made with Scheepjes Softfun, #3 (60% Cotton, 40% Acrylic. 140 m/ per 1.75 oz/50g skein)
1 (1, 2, 2, 2, 2) Skeins in Red (A)
1 (1, 2, 2, 2, 2) Skeins in White (B)
30 (40, 50, 60, 70, 80) Color B
Hook and other Materials
- US size G (4 mm) Crochet Hook
- Pom or Tassel
18 sts over 10 Rows, made in hdc = 4” X 4”, before blocking.
Adjust hook size, if necessary, to obtain gauge.
- Please kindly read through the pattern.
- Similar #3 weight yarn can be substituted. Please check gauge.
- Chains at the beginning of the rounds do not count as a stitch.
- Pattern is worked in Rounds throughout.
- Stitch count is written after each round with the smallest infant written first and the other in the ().
- Stitch count written in black is for all sizes but at some points, the stitch counts are color coded for clarity, i.e Infant (Toddler, Child, Teen, Adult Small, Adult large)
Chain(s) – ch(s)
Half double crochet – hdc
Double crochet – dc
Double crochet 2 stitches together– dc2tog
7 Treble crochet stitches together – 7trtog
Slip stitch – sl st.
Repeat – rep
Bobbles = 7trtog – *Yarn over hook twice, insert hook into indicated st, yarn over, draw yarn through, yarn over and pull through 2 loops, (yarn over, draw yarn through another 2 loops) repeat from * 6 more times, “you should have 8 loops around your hook”, yarn over, pull through all the loops at once.
Difficulty Level – Intermediate
Terms – US Terminology