Meet Jasmine, my one dress, styled in multiple ways. If you’ve been following me for a while, you would know that I have a thing for styling my designs in multiple ways. I mean, I get bored with a monopoly use of my crochet garments/accessories. This dress isn’t an exception as you can style it in at least 5 different ways.
Surprisingly, when I made the sketch for this dress, I didn’t have the intention of making it a convertible design. All I wanted was a cute summer dress with sleeves. But all the sleeves I added was not speaking to me. I changed the styles multiple times and wasn’t satisfied. So, I concluded to leave out the sleeves completely. I still didn’t love the final look as it seemed to be missing something. I showed my friend and she also confirmed adding sleeves would be fabulous. If you remember, all the sleeves options I’ve tried didn’t work out.
My only way out was to think of a way to make the dress into a convertible one. This solved all my troubles and I couldn’t be happier. You can completely leave out the detachable sleeves or style this in different ways as shown below.
Since we are talking about crochet designs that can be styled in multiple ways, you might also want to check out a few of my convertible (designs that can be styled in multiple ways).
- 12 in 1 Crochet reversible and convertible dress pattern
- Crochet shawl styled as a Vest
- 6 in 1 crochet skirt pattern
- Crochet reversible cardigan
Materials required to make this easy crochet dress pattern
Yarn – A worsted weight (#4) was used for this easy crochet dress pattern and I would advise you to do the same. If you want to use any other weight, make sure to check the gauge! The Ruffles/sleeve was made using DK (#3) as I didn’t want a bulky weight hanging on my crochet dress.
Main Color (MC) = Lion Brand Jeans, Worsted weight, #4 (100% Acrylic, 246 yd/225 m per 3.5 oz/100g Ball)
Contrasting color (CC) – Hand dyed Yarn, Dk weight, #3 (51% Cotton, 49% Rayon, 232 yards/212 m per 3.5 oz/100g Ball)
Estimated Yardage for CC = 200 – 300 yards
Estimated Yardage for MC
4 Balls / 14 oz / 400 g / 900 m/ 984 yards
5 skeins / 17.5 oz / 500 g / 1100 m / 1200 yards
6 skeins / 21 oz / 600 g / 1200 m / 1300 yards
6 skeins / 21 oz / 600 g / 1300 m / 1420 yards
7 skeins / 24.5 oz / 700 g / 1400 m / 1530 yards
7 skeins / 24.5 oz / 700 g / 1500 m / 1600 yards
8 skeins / 28 oz / 800 g / 1600 m / 1750 yards
8 skeins / 28 oz / 800 g / 1700 m / 1860 yards
8 skeins / 28 oz / 800 g / 1800 m / 1968 yards
Hook and other materials
– 4.5 mm Crochet Hook
– Button (2 pcs), 10 mm each
– Optional = Snap Buttons, 6 – 8 pcs.
Using MC (#4) weight of yarn
16 sts and 13 Rows = 10 cm/4” before Blocking. Made in hdc
Adjust hook size, if necessary to obtain gauge.
- Please kindly read through the pattern before starting.
- Similar weight of yarn can be substituted, please check gauge.
- Chains at the beginning of each row/round do not count as a stitch unless stated.
- This dress is worked in 3 sections. Section 1 (Bodice) = front and back panels worked in rows and joined together.
Section 2 (Skirt) = Worked in rounds and in continuation of the bodice. Section 3 (Sleeves) = the detachable sleeve/flare worked in rows.
- Both panels (front and back) are made separately, the side and shoulder seams are then joined together.
- The skirt is worked in rounds after completing the upper part of the dress.
- The detachable part(sleeve/flare) is worked in rows and can be styled on the dress differently.
1. Length of the dress: increase or decrease the repeat for the skirt.
2. Bust/fitting: each panel is half your bust measurement, after Row 3, you should check to make sure you have the desired measurement.
Difficulty level – Intermediate
Terms – US Terminology
Chain(s) – ch(s)
Single Crochet – sc
Reverse Single Crochet – Rsc
Double crochet – dc
Herringbone hdc stitch – hhdc
Repeat – rep
Cluster – cl
Cluster Stitch = (cl, ch 1, cl) = 3 dc tog, ch 1, 3 dc tog in the indicated st.
Please note that this is not a reduction stitch as it is crocheted into the same st.
Size(s) and color code – XS (S, M, L, XL, 2XL, 3XL, 4XL, 5XL)
Bust Measurement: 30 (34, 38, 42, 46, 50, 54, 58, 62)”
Length of dress: 24 (24, 24, 26, 26, 26, 28, 28, 28)”
Arm hole Measurement: 7.5 (8, 8, 8.5, 8.5, 9, 9, 9.5, 10)”
Hip: 36 (40, 44, 48, 52, 56, 60, 64, 68)”
The modeled garment is shown in medium bust of 38” with 2” positive ease.
Picking a size = Pick a size base on your Bust measurement. It is possible the Hip measurements provided above do not fit you, there’s instruction as to how to adjust the lower part of this dress to fit you perfectly.
I would love to see your beautiful versions of this easy crochet dress, when you do make one using my pattern, do tag me on @crochet_fosbas on Instagram.