To every pocket-loving person, this skirt is for you. And to every skirt-loving lady, you would love this. Designing this skirt with pockets and flares was a dream come through. I have always wanted to add pockets to my garments. Finally, I am excited to share with you all my easy crochet pocket skirt pattern.
The inspiration behind the design
A few months ago, the waves of Bliss Summer top was designed and I love everything about it. The Neckline, the stitches, and the colors used. Check out the top here.
I have also added few pictures from my testers.
The skirt – Waves of bliss pocket skirt is one that is much loved.
There’s no end to the color possibilities. Another positive is that this skirt pattern does not need any sewing or joining!
The crochet pocket skirt got its name from the top pattern – “waves of bliss pocket skirt pattern”
Waves of Bliss Summer Top Pattern.
Since you love the waves of bliss crochet pocket skirt pattern, you might also love the following crochet skirts on my blog.
Materials for this easy crochet pocket skirt pattern
Yarn inspiration for this project.
I wanted a fast project, so I decided against lightweight yarn like fingeringring weight, sock weight, and so on. For this beautiful crochet skirt pattern, I have used #4, worsted weight yarn as it works up so quickly and does not end up being super bulky. I would advise that you also use a similar weight of yarn when making yours. All of my Testers used #4, worsted weight yarn in making their own beautiful versions of this skirt.
Lion Brand Jeans, #4 Worsted weight (100% Acrylic, 246 yards/225 m per 3.5 oz/100g Ball)
● 1 (1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2) Ball(s) in Blue
● 2 (3, 4, 4, 4, 4, 5, 5, 5) Balls in Pink
Total Estimated Yardage
720 yards/568 m (984 yards/900 m, 1230 yards/1125m, 1300 yards/1189 m, 1370 yards/1257 m, 1470 yards/1344 m, 1550 yards/1417 m, 1600 yards/1463 m, 1700 yards/1554 m)
Hook and other Materials
– US size H (5 mm) Crochet Hook
– Yarn needle
– Stitch Markers (4 pieces)
16 sts over 14 Rows = 10 cm
square/4” made in hdc, before blocking.
Adjust hook size if necessary, to obtain gauge.
- Please kindly read through the pattern before starting.
- Similar #4 weight yarn can be substituted, please check gauge.
- Chains at the beginning of the rows do not count as a stitch except where stated.
- Stitch count is written after each row/round with the smallest XS written first and the other in the ().
- Stitch count written in black is for all sizes but at some points, the stitch counts are color coded for clarity, i.e XS (S, M, L, XL, 2XL, 3XL, 4XL, 5XL).
- Progress pictures are shown in different colors as I made 2 skirts. Please don’t get confused seeing different colors for the steps shown below.
Difficulty Level – Intermediate.
Terms – US Terminology
Chain(s) – ch(s)
Single Crochet – sc
Single Crochet 2 stitches together – sc2tog
Single Crochet 3 stitches together – sc3tog
Half double crochet – hdc
Back Loop Only – BLO
Skip – Sk
Size(s) and color codes – XS (S, M, L, XL, 2XL, 3XL, 4XL, 5XL)
Waist Measurement – 27 (28, 30, 32, 34, 36, 38, 40, 42)”
Length of Skirt: 21 (21, 21, 21, 23, 23, 25, 25, 25)”
The modeled garment is shown in Medium, with 1” of Positive Ease.
- This skirt is worked in 2 sections, the first section (waistband) is worked in rows into a long piece and sew together, while the second (body) in rounds, with the pockets, made halfway (in rows).
- Pattern is worked from Top-down as such you can easily customize yours to fit as you go.
1. Waistband: Repeat till you have a comfortable fit around your waist.
2. Length: increase or decrease the repeats for the part for the skirt.
I would love to see your makes from this easy crochet pocket skirt pattern and any or all of the other skirt patterns. When you do make them, kindly tag me on @crochet_fosbas (Instagram).
Frequently asked questions about this pattern – Easy crochet skirt pattern
- Can I substitute any other type of yarn with the same weight? YES, I have only used Lionbrand as that is te yarn available to me. You are welcome to use any other brand of yarn at your disposal.
- Can I use another weight of yarn? It is not advisable to use another weight of yarn as this skirt measurements, quage was based on #4 worsted weight yarn and also tested using similar weight. However, for the experienced crocheters, you might want to measure as you crochet.
- I have never made a pleated skirt, how easy is this pattern? This is my very first pleated skirt and I am convidient you can make yurs also. I have made a simple video tutorial showing how to make the pleats and also provided informations on how to customise your own skirts with pleats that you might love.
- Can I use single/multiple color(s)? Sure, you are welcome to make your own versions of this skirt in colors of your choice. No matter the the color(s) you decide on using, this skirt would come out so beautiful.
- How long doe sit take to crochet this? In as much as we all crochet at different spead, I would suggest to bugget between 2 – 3 weeks. The time it would tak eyou to complete your skirt depends on so many things like – the size you are making, the spead at which you crochet, the amount of time at your disposal.
Tag me with your makes, I would love to see your versions of this Crochet skirt pattern!