Earlier this year, my plan for Spring/Summer was to make crochet garments with statement sleeves! Coming up with the Blooming Lavender Crochet Sweater Pattern was a dream come true. This is the second in the category and I couldn’t be happier with the outcome.
Another great thing about this design is that it can be customized to fit your individual preferences. You can make the sleeves fitted (slim fit), short sleeves (above the elbow, below the elbow) or above the wrist or full sleeves like mine. The choice is yours, the written pattern has instructions as to how to go about the customization.
Name Inspiration – Blooming Lavender Crochet Sweater got its name from me taking interest in flowers of recent. Do you have your favorite flower? What inspires you about this flower? Mine is the Lavender.
Materials for the Blooming Lavender crochet sweater pattern
LION BRAND Coboo, Dk weight, #3 (51% Cotton, 49% Rayon, 232 yards/212 m per 3.5 oz/100g Ball)
Sample made using 2 colors –
Lilac (A), Grey (B)
Hook and other Materials
– US size G (4 mm) Crochet Hook.
– Stitch Markers – 2 pcs
17 sts over 12 rows = 4”/10 cm Square made in hdc, before blocking.
Adjust hook size if necessary, to obtain gauge.
- Please kindly read through the pattern before starting.
- Similar #3 weight yarn can be substituted, please check the gauge.
- Ch 2 does not count as a stitch. Ch 4 counts as dc + ch 1.
- A Video showing how to crochet the sleeve is also added
Difficulty Level – Intermediate
Terms – US Terminology
Ch(s) – Chain(s)
Sl st – Slip stitch
Hdc – Half Double Crochet
Hdc2tog – Half Double Crochet 2 stitches together
Tr – Treble crochet
Sk – Skip
Rep – Repeat
Bobbles = 7trtog – *Yarn over hook twice, insert hook into indicated st, yarn over, draw yarn through, yarn over and pull through 2 loops, (yarn over, draw yarn through another 2 loops) repeat from * 6 more times, “you should have 8 loops around your hook”, yarn over, pull through all the loops at once.
Sizes/Color – XS(S, M, L, XL, 2Xl, 3XL, 4XL, 5XL)
Bust Measurement: 30(34, 38, 42, 46, 50, 54, 58, 62)”
Sleeve Length – 18(18, 20, 20, 22, 22, 24, 24, 24)”
Armhole Depth – 18(18, 18, 18, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20)”
Sweater Length – 23(23, 24, 24, 25, 26, 26, 26, 26)”
Modeled garment is shown in Medium with 2” of positive ease.
- This sweater is worked in 2 sections.
- Section 1 – Both panels (front and Back) are made separately. The shoulder seam and side seam are then sewn together.
- Section 2 – Sleeves are made in rounds.
1. Length: increase or decrease the repeat rows on the front panel, remember to replicate this when making your back panel.
2. For a shorter sleeve – decrease the number of rounds, instructions are provided on how to adjust these.
I can’t wait to see your beautiful makes from this Blooming Lavender Crochet Sweater Pattern. Please, do tag me on @crochet_fosbas on Instagram.