Crochet Beach Bag Pattern
Ever wanted to make a beautiful crochet yarn bag but not sure how to go about it? This easy to follow crochet yarn bag pattern would be your best bag to keep your yarn and other notions! I am so excited to share with you this crochet beach bag pattern.
Some weeks ago, I designed the Blooming Lavender Sweater, it has a beautiful sleeve adorned with bobbles. Immediately, I fell in love with the bobbles and knew straight away that I am going to design so many things using this stitch pattern.
Check out the Blooming Lavender sweater here.
Currently in planning are the following patterns:
- Bloom Triangular Shawl.
- Bloom Beanie and Cowl
- Bloom cardigan
- Bloom Tee
I can’t wait to show you all the beauties made from the stitch pattern.
Crochet bags are one of my favorite things to make. More crochet bags patterns on my blog –
Crochet bag to keep your work in progress
Since you are here, why not join the fun crochet along currently going on here on m blog? Click the image below for details.
Apart from the beautiful bobbles in this p=bag, I admire the fact that it is so rooming!. Just perfect for keeping your wips and you can thread in your yarn through the holes to keep them from tangling. Another beautiful thing about this bag is the handle. I have always dreamt of adding braided handles to my bag and I couldn’t be happier with the outcome. Do you know you can also customize the length of the handles?
Where would you carry your blooming beach crochet bag to?
Do you know that you can customize the length of this bag to fit your preferences?
Materials for this easy crochet beach bag pattern
Lion Brand Coboo, DK weight, #3 (51% Cotton, 49% Rayon, 232 yards/212 m per 3.5 oz/100g Ball)
Sample made using 2 colors –
Peach (A), Grey (B)
A = 400 yards
B = 150 yards
Hook and other Materials
– US size G (4 mm) Crochet Hook.
– Stitch Markers – 2 pcs
– Darning Needles
17 sts over 12 rows = 4”/10 cm Square made in hdc, before blocking.
Adjust hook size if necessary, to obtain gauge.
- Please kindly read through the pattern before starting.
- Similar #3 weight yarn can be substituted, please check the gauge.
- Ch 2 does not count as a stitch. Ch 4 counts as dc + ch 1.
Difficulty Level – Intermediate
Terms – US Terminology
Ch(s) – Chain(s)
Sl st – Slip stitch
Hdc – Half Double Crochet
Hdc2tog – Half Double Crochet 2 stitches together
Tr – Treble crochet
Sk – Skip
Rep – Repeat
Bobbles = 7trtog – *Yarn over hook twice, insert hook into indicated st, yarn over, draw yarn through, yarn over and pull through 2 loops, (yarn over, draw yarn through another 2 loops) repeat from * 6 more times, “you should have 8 loops around your hook”, yarn over, pull through all the loops at once.
Without handles = 16” by 14”
With handles = 25” by 14”
Perfect the arcade stitch with bobbles, I have made a video to go with the tutorial. Check it out here
Get the pattern for this beach, bloom summer bag here on Ravelry
Check out a few pictures from my testers for color inspirations.
Frequently asked questions about this pattern -Bloom crochet bag pattern.
- Can I substitute any other type of yarn with the same weight? YES, I have only used Lion Brand yarn as that is the yarn available to me. You are welcome to use any other brand of yarn at your disposal. You can totally go stash busting when making this crochet bag.
- Can I use another weight of yarn? It is not advisable to use another weight of yarn as this easy bag pattern measurements, was based on #3 Double Knit (DK) weight yarn and also tested using similar weight. However, for the experienced crocheters, you might want to measure as you crochet. Do bear in mind that if you use any other weight of yarn, you might need to adjust your starting chains and the number of repeats. Please, do use similar weight of yarn when making your bag (main color and contrasting colors) should be of similar weight in order to have a beautiful finished bag.
- I have never made a crochet bag before, how easy is this pattern? This pattern is graded as an intermediate level in terms of the stitches used and where they are placed. I would recommend that a beginner who is yet to make many items and is not patient to learn should not start with this bag so as not to get frustrated. It is however, an easy to follow pattern with repeats of basic rounds. I am confident you can make yours also. I have also provided information on how to make your own version with a video tutorial showing how to make the bobbles.
- Can I use more colors than suggested in the pattern? Sure, you are welcome to make your own versions of this top in colors of your choice. No matter the the color(s) you decide on using, this top would come out so beautiful.
- How long does it take to crochet this? In as much as we all crochet at different speed, I would suggest to budget between 1-2 weeks. The time it would take you to complete your bag depends on so many things like – the size you are making, the speed at which you crochet, the amount of time at your disposal.
When you make your own beautiful version of this crochet beach bag pattern, do tag me so I can see your bag and the colors you’ve used.
Comments are closed.