Crocheting for babies are so fun and fast. The Inspiration behind the crochet baby girl booties pattern is that of ese, class and elegance! Most people love making baby shoes, but the challenge sometimes comes when you struggle with getting similar shape of booties.
If you fall into the category of those who struggle with archiving equal shape and size of baby booties, you might have tried the following to no avail:
- Trying to achieve similar tension when crocheting both legs
- Crocheting the pair at the same time – A row/round n each
- Crocheting the pair at one sitting.
I have tried all and sometimes, I still struggle with getting a matching pair. The frustration made me start making my Booties in Rows and in flat.
This has been a game changer, and makes life super easier and less complicated!
You can check out my other Baby Booties made using this technique. Check the booties here
The uniqueness of the Princess Booties
– Easy and equal size/shape of Booties
– Customizable, comes in 4 different sizes (0-3 mths, -6 mths, 6-12mths, 1 -2 yrs)
– You can leave out the sequins and add beads or totally skip both. Check my Testers versions using sequins, beads, and those who left theirs plain!
A video showing how to crochet using Sequins is also added to the PDF pattern and as such, you can substitute the use of sequins with beads.
Disclaimer – If you are in doubt about using sequin/beads, please leave them out. You still get beautiful baby booties without adding sequins and beads!
The Princes Bootie pattern is a paid PDF Pattern and can be purchased on either Etsy or Ravelry using the links below.
Do check out the amazing patterns in this bundle and grab the whole 31 patterns using the link below
Materials needed to make the crochet baby girl booties
Stylecraft Special DK, #3 light weight (50% Acrylic, 50% Cotton Blend, 322 yards/295m per 3.5 oz/100g skein)
Sample made using White
80 (100, 120, 140) yards
Hook and other Materials
US size H (5 mm) Crochet Hook
Sequin (6 – 8 mm) – 90 (106, 174, 198) pieces OR
Glass Beads can be substituted for Sequins
Gauge – 18 sts over 20 rows = 10 cm square/4” made in sc
Adjust hook size if necessary, to obtain gauge.
This Booty is worked in rows, the sides are then seamed together.
Difficulty level – Intermediate
Terms – US Terminology
Chain(s) – ch(s)
Single Crochet – sc
Half double crochet – hdc
Front Loop only – FLO
1. Please kindly read through the pattern before starting.
2. Similar #3 weight yarn can be substituted, please check gauge.
3. Chains at the beginning of the rows do not count as a stitch, unless stated.
4. Thread your darning needle and pass 45 (53, 87, 99) sequins through the ball of yarn.
5. Push the sequins backward so that they don’t get in your way while crocheting the sole of your booties.
I hope you would have fun making your own beautiful version from this crochet baby girl booties pattern. Do tag me with your makes on Instagram – @crochet_fosbas.