Crochet Baby Girl Booties Pattern
Crocheting for babies is so fun and fast. I must warn you that crochet items made for babies are so addicting that you might want to make every little thing you see for the little ones. Why do I love making baby booties? They are so fast, easy and fun to make. Plus, baby items do not take so much time to complete. I love making them in between large projects.
The Inspiration behind the crochet baby girl booties pattern is that of ease, class, and elegance! Most people love making baby shoes, but the challenge sometimes comes when you struggle with getting a similar shape of booties.
If you fall into the category of those who struggle with archiving equal shape and size of baby booties, you might have tried the following to no avail:
- Trying to achieve similar tension when crocheting both legs
- Crocheting the pair at the same time – A row/round n each
- Crocheting the pair at one sitting.
I have tried all and sometimes, I still struggle with getting a matching pair. The frustration made me start making my Booties in Rows and in a flat.
This has been a game-changer, and makes life super easier and less complicated!
You can check out my other Baby Booties made using this technique. Check the booties here
The uniqueness of the Princess Booties
– Easy and equal size/shape of Booties
– Customizable, comes in 4 different sizes (0-3 mths, -6 mths, 6-12mths, 1 -2 yrs)
– You can leave out the sequins and add beads or totally skip both. Check my Testers versions using sequins, beads, and those who left theirs plain!
A video showing how to crochet using Sequins is also added to the PDF pattern and as such, you can substitute the use of sequins with beads.
Disclaimer – If you are in doubt about using sequin/beads, please leave them out. You still get beautiful baby booties without adding sequins and beads!
The Princes Bootie pattern is a paid PDF Pattern and can be purchased on either Etsy or Ravelry using the links below.
Do check out the amazing patterns in this bundle and grab the whole 31 patterns using the link below
Get the Pattern on Ravelry or on Etsy
Materials needed to make the crochet baby girl booties
Stylecraft Special DK, #3 light weight (50% Acrylic, 50% Cotton Blend, 322 yards/295m per 3.5 oz/100g skein)
Sample made using White
80 (100, 120, 140) yards
Hook and other Materials
US size H (5 mm) Crochet Hook
Sequin (6 – 8 mm) – 90 (106, 174, 198) pieces OR
Glass Beads can be substituted for Sequins
Gauge – 18 sts over 20 rows = 10 cm square/4” made in sc
Adjust hook size if necessary, to obtain gauge.
This Booty is worked in rows, the sides are then seamed together.
Difficulty level – Intermediate
Terms – US Terminology
Chain(s) – ch(s)
Single Crochet – sc
Half double crochet – hdc
Front Loop only – FLO
1. Please kindly read through the pattern before starting.
2. Similar #3 weight yarn can be substituted, please check gauge.
3. Chains at the beginning of the rows do not count as a stitch unless stated.
4. Thread your darning needle and pass 45 (53, 87, 99) sequins through the ball of yarn.
5. Push the sequins backward so that they don’t get in your way while crocheting the sole of your booties.
I hope you would have fun making your own beautiful version from this crochet baby girl booties pattern. Do tag me with your makes on Instagram – @crochet_fosbas.
Frequently asked questions about this pattern – Princess Baby Booties pattern.
- Can I substitute any other type of yarn with the same weight? YES, I have only used Stylecraft yarn as that is the yarn available to me. You are welcome to use any other brand of yarn at your disposal. You can totally go stash-busting when making this crochet sweater.
- Can I use another weight of yarn? It is not advisable to use another weight of yarn as this easy sweater pattern measurement, the gauge was based on #3 Double Knit (DK) weight yarn and also tested using a similar weight. However, for the experienced crocheters, you might want to measure as you crochet. Do bear in mind that if you use any other weight of yarn, you might need to adjust your starting chains and the number of repeats.
- I have never made crochet Booties before, how easy is this pattern? This pattern is graded at a beginner level in terms of the stitches used and where they are placed. It is, however, an easy-to-follow pattern with repeats of basic rows. I am confident you can make yours also. I have also provided information on how to make your own version with a video tutorial showing how to make the bobbles.
- Can I use more colors than suggested in the pattern? Sure, you are welcome to make your own versions of these booties in colors of your choice. No matter the color(s) you decide on using, this sweater would come out so beautiful.
- How long does it take to crochet this? In as much as we all crochet at different speeds, I would suggest budget between 3 days – 1 week. The time it would take you to complete your booties depends on so many things like – the size you are making, the speed at which you crochet, and the amount of time at your disposal.
- My booties are never the same size, would this be of any difference? Absolutely! The main aim of designing this crochet baby girl booties pattern in rows is to guarantee an almost equal size and shape. With little patience and practice, you would master this technique.