I would admit, this easy crochet top pattern seems to be one of the easiest and quirkiest crochet garment patterns I have ever designed! This makes me super excited.
The construction is such a easy one and did I mentioned how quick this Top works up? Another positive is that you can totally go stash busting and you do not need to break the bank to make yours. Just get left over yarns from your stash and make yourself something beautiful.
Seeing the colors my Testers used makes me even more happy. It was fun seeing their creativity come out. How they combined their colors, to how many colors they decided to use would give you the much needed inspirations when you select your own colors.
Yarn selection for this crochet summer tee
My favorite Yarn company, Hobbii yarn decided to send me some yarn goodies which I love so much. I used the yarn sent to design this easy crochet top pattern. I have a predilection to go for wool for this design, so I told them I wanted to try their WOOL POWER which is 100% Roving yarn. It was fun using this yarn for the first time. Definitely, it won’t be my last.
Want to try your hands on this yarn? Get yours here
More Yarns to look out for from Hobbii yarns includes the Twister Solids, check it out here
The yarn sent was part of a fun challenge where you are encouraged to use at least 4 different colors. You can also follow the challenge on Instagram – #Noshadesofgrey
Color selection for this crochet Tee pattern
As I mentioned, this was a part of No Shades of Grey Challenge where each designer was encouraged to use at least 4 different shades/colors. I decided to go with shades of Blue and a neutral (white). My shades of Blues came out as a perfect blend that you might not even notice the subtle difference in the colors.
You are welcome to use as many or as little colors to make your own Tee and you can also get inspirations from my Testers colors scheme by checking out their projects on Ravelry.
Name inspiration for this easy crochet top pattern – I have named this crochet Top pattern “My Perfect Summer Tee” as it looks like the perfect Tee in so many ways as stated above. I also wish you would complete yours just in time for summer and we can all have fun in our different versions of this perfect tee for summer!
Since you are here, you might also want to check out my other summer appropriate patterns.
- The ultimate summer garment
- Become a Member and be the first to get notified of my patterns with 50% off on each pattern, check out the deal here.
Materials for this cute crochet summer tee pattern
Hobbii WoolPower, #4, Worsted weight (100% Wool, 174 yards/160 meters per 3.5 oz/100g skein)
Color D = 2 (2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 4, 4) Balls in White
Colors A, B and C = 1(1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1) Ball Each in 4 different colors.
For Color D = 280 (320, 340, 400, 460, 520, 560, 600, 680) yards
Color A, B and C = 50 (60, 70, 80, 90, 100, 120, 140, 160) yards each
Hook and other Materials
– Size G (4 mm) Crochet Hook
– Yarn needle
21 sts over 11 Rows = 4.5”/11.5cm before Blocking.
Pattern for gauge included in the pattern
- Please kindly read through the pattern before starting.
- Similar #4 weight yarn can be substituted, please check gauge.
- Chains at the beginning of each row and in the pattern are regarded as a stitch throughout this pattern. Regard chains as a stitch and work into them.
- This summer Top is worked in rows.
- Both panels (front and Back) are made in one piece with neck opening made midway.
- The sides are then seamed together.
1. Length: increase or decrease the repeat rows for both back and front panels.
2. Armpit: Too tight? Increase the number of inches measured from the top of the shoulder.
Too loose: Decrease the number of inches.
3. Bust/fitting: each panel is half your bust measurement, after Row 3, you should check to make sure you have a desired measurement.
Difficulty level – Intermediate
Terms – US Terminology
Chain(s) – ch(s)
Single Crochet – sc
Double Crochet – dc
Repeat – rep
Size(s) and color code – XS (S, M, L, XL, 2XL, 3XL, 4XL, 5XL)
Bust Measurement: 30 (34, 38, 42, 46, 50, 54, 58, 62)”
Length of Tee: 24 (24, 24, 26, 26, 26, 28, 28, 28)”
Arm hole Measurement: 7.5 (8, 8, 8.5, 8.5, 9, 9, 9.5, 10)”
I hope to see your beautiful makes from this easy crochet top pattern, when you do, kindly tag me with @crochet_fosbas.