I would admit, this easy crochet top pattern seems to be one of the easiest and quirkiest crochet garment patterns I have ever designed! This makes me super excited.
The construction is such a easy one and did I mentioned how quick this Top works up? Another positive is that you can totally go stash busting and you do not need to break the bank to make yours. Just get left over yarns from your stash and make yourself something beautiful.
Seeing the colors my Testers used makes me even more happy. It was fun seeing their creativity come out. How they combined their colors, to how many colors they decided to use would give you the much needed inspirations when you select your own colors.
Yarn selection for this crochet summer tee
My favorite Yarn company, Hobbii yarn decided to send me some yarn goodies which I love so much. I used the yarn sent to design this easy crochet top pattern. I have a predilection to go for wool for this design, so I told them I wanted to try their WOOL POWER which is 100% Roving yarn. It was fun using this yarn for the first time. Definitely, it won’t be my last.
Want to try your hands on this yarn? Get yours here
More Yarns to look out for from Hobbii yarns includes the Twister Solids, check it out here
The yarn sent was part of a fun challenge where you are encouraged to use at least 4 different colors. You can also follow the challenge on Instagram – #Noshadesofgrey
Color selection for this crochet Tee pattern
As I mentioned, this was a part of No Shades of Grey Challenge where each designer was encouraged to use at least 4 different shades/colors. I decided to go with shades of Blue and a neutral (white). My shades of Blues came out as a perfect blend that you might not even notice the subtle difference in the colors.
You are welcome to use as many or as little colors to make your own Tee and you can also get inspirations from my Testers colors scheme by checking out their projects on Ravelry.
Name inspiration for this easy crochet top pattern – I have named this crochet Top pattern “My Perfect Summer Tee” as it looks like the perfect Tee in so many ways as stated above. I also wish you would complete yours just in time for summer and we can all have fun in our different versions of this perfect tee for summer!
Since you are here, you might also want to check out my other summer appropriate patterns.
- The ultimate summer garment
- Become a Member and be the first to get notified of my patterns with 50% off on each pattern, check out the deal here.
Materials for this cute crochet summer tee pattern
Hobbii WoolPower, #4, Worsted weight (100% Wool, 174 yards/160 meters per 3.5 oz/100g skein)
Color D = 2 (2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 4, 4) Balls in White
Colors A, B and C = 1(1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1) Ball Each in 4 different colors.
For Color D = 280 (320, 340, 400, 460, 520, 560, 600, 680) yards
Color A, B and C = 50 (60, 70, 80, 90, 100, 120, 140, 160) yards each
Hook and other Materials
– Size G (4 mm) Crochet Hook
– Yarn needle
21 sts over 11 Rows = 4.5”/11.5cm before Blocking.
Pattern for gauge included in the pattern
- Please kindly read through the pattern before starting.
- Similar #4 weight yarn can be substituted, please check gauge.
- Chains at the beginning of each row and in the pattern are regarded as a stitch throughout this pattern. Regard chains as a stitch and work into them.
- This summer Top is worked in rows.
- Both panels (front and Back) are made in one piece with neck opening made midway.
- The sides are then seamed together.
1. Length: increase or decrease the repeat rows for both back and front panels.
2. Armpit: Too tight? Increase the number of inches measured from the top of the shoulder.
Too loose: Decrease the number of inches.
3. Bust/fitting: each panel is half your bust measurement, after Row 3, you should check to make sure you have a desired measurement.
Difficulty level – Intermediate
Terms – US Terminology
Chain(s) – ch(s)
Single Crochet – sc
Double Crochet – dc
Repeat – rep
Size(s) and color code – XS (S, M, L, XL, 2XL, 3XL, 4XL, 5XL)
Bust Measurement: 30 (34, 38, 42, 46, 50, 54, 58, 62)”
Length of Tee: 24 (24, 24, 26, 26, 26, 28, 28, 28)”
Arm hole Measurement: 7.5 (8, 8, 8.5, 8.5, 9, 9, 9.5, 10)”
I hope to see your beautiful makes from this easy crochet top pattern, when you do, kindly tag me with @crochet_fosbas.
Frequently asked questions about this pattern -Easy Crochet top pattern.
- Can I substitute any other type of yarn with the same weight? YES, I have used Hobbii yarn as it was provided by the yarn company in order to design a summer pattern with. You are welcome to use any other brand of yarn at your disposal. You can totaly go stash busting when making this crochet top.
- Can I use another weight of yarn? It is not advisable to use another weight of yarn as this easy sweater pattern measurements, quage was based on #4 Worsted weight yarn and also tested using similar weight. However, for the experienced crocheters, you might want to measure as you crochet. Do bear in mind that if you use any other weight of yarn, you might need to adjust your starting chains and the number of repeats. Please, do use similar weight of yarn when making your sweater (main color and contrasting colors) shouls be of similar weight in order to have a beautiful finished top.
- I have never used this stitch combination before, how easy is this pattern? This pattern is graded as an intermediate level in terms of the stitches used and where they are placed. This stitch is a repeat of 2 rows, and in no time, you would master it.
- Can I use more colors than suggested in the pattern? Sure, you are welcome to make your own versions of this top in colors of your choice. No matter the the color(s) you decide on using, this top would come out so beautiful.
- How long does it take to crochet this? In as much as we all crochet at different spead, I would suggest to bugget between 1 – 3 weeks. The time it would take you to complete your top depends on so many things like – the size you are making, the spead at which you crochet, the amount of time at your disposal.
- Can I customise the lenght of this top? Absolutely! You can make this top into any lenght of your choice.