Pearl Crochet Top with Beads and Sequins
Designing a garment with beads/sequins has always been something I admire. I love the look and the added class in items made with these. It’s a good diversification if you ask me. So, for me to make a crochet top and add sequins (my testers added beads) makes this a huge achievement for me.
You do not need to use sequence or beads for yours. Some of my Testers left out both sequence and beads and it came out so beautiful.
Why add sequins or beads?
I have always wanted to make a design using beads/sequins. It was fun coming up with this easy crochet top using either of the two or totally ignoring it. The ease of working with sequins/beads was surprising. I have added sequins/beads to baby booties, you can check out the princess baby booties here. But haven’t tried using such on garments. Would this be my last? Definitely not! I have few other designs in plan to teach how to add sequins/beads elegantly to crochet garments.
If you have questions about this design, kindly read the FAQ section (last paragraph), if your questions are not answered, kindly drop them and I would be quick to respond.
Materials needed for this easy crochet top with beads/sequence
Yarn – Any Double knit (#3) weight yarn can be used for this test. You can go with a single color just like the picture above or with multiple colors. Whatever color(s) selected would be fabulous.
Ths prototype is made using Lion Brand Coboo, Dk weight, #3 (51% Cotton, 49% Rayon, 232 yards/212 m per 3.5 oz/100g Ball)
Sample made using 2 colors –
White (A), Lilac (B)
A = 2 Balls/ 7 oz/ 200 g/ 354 yd / 323 m
B = 2 Balls/ 7 oz/ 200 g/ 350 yd / 320 m
A = 2 Balls/7 oz/ 200 g / 400 yd / 366 m
B = 2 Balls/7 oz/ 200 g / 400 yd / 365 m
A = 2 Balls/ 7 oz/ 200 g /460 yd/ 420 m
B = 2 Balls/7 oz/ 200 g /400 yd/ 365 m
A = 3 balls /10.5 oz / 300 g /500 yd / 457 m
B = 2 balls /7 oz /200 g / 450 yd / 411 m
A = 3 Balls /10.5 oz/ 300 g/ 650 yd / 594 m
B = 3 Balls /7 oz/ 300 g/ 600 yd / 548 m
A = 4 Balls /14 oz/ 4000 g /800 yd / 732 m
B = 3 Balls /10.5 oz/ 300 g /690 yd / 632 m
A = 4 Balls /14 oz / 400 g /900 yd / 822 m
B = 4 Balls /14 oz / 400 g /800 yd / 732 m
A = 5 Balls/17.5 oz / 500 g /1000 yd / 914 m
B = 4 Balls/14 oz / 400 g /900 yd / 822 m
A = 5 Balls/17.5 oz / 500 g/1100 yd / 1100 m
B = 4 Balls/17.5 oz /500 g/900 yd / 822 m
Hook and other Materials
– US size G (4 mm) Crochet Hook.
– Stitch Markers – 4 pcs
– Optional – Sequins (6mm) or Beads (3- 6mm) = 296 (352, 434, 434, 522, 574, 604, 660, 660) pcs
Checkout Some of my testers version using seed beads.
Sizing details of this cute beaded/sequin crochet top pattern
Sizes/Color – XS (S, M, L, XL, 2Xl, 3XL, 4XL, 5XL)
Bust Measurement: 30 (34, 38, 42, 46, 50, 54, 58, 62)”
Armhole Depth – 9 (9, 9, 9, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10)”
Top Length – 23 (23, 24, 24, 25, 26, 26, 26, 26)”
Modeled garment is shown in Medium with 2” of positive ease.
Pearl summer top is only available in the paid version. You can get your PDF copy using the link below.
Get the PDF pattern on Ravelry
I would love to see your beautiful makes using Beads, sequins or none of the two. When you do, kindly send me a picture.
Frequently asked questions about this pattern -Pearl crochet top pattern.
- Can I substitute any other type of yarn with the same weight? YES, I have only used Lion Brand yarn as that is the yarn available to me. You are welcome to use any other brand of yarn at your disposal.
- Can I use another weight of yarn? It is not advisable to use another weight of yarn as this easy top pattern measurements, the gauge was based on #3 Double Knit (DK) weight yarn and also tested using a similar weight. However, for the experienced crocheters, you might want to measure as you crochet. Do bear in mind that if you use any other weight of yarn, you might need to adjust your starting chains and the number of repeats.
- I have never made a crochet top with beads or sequins before, how easy is this pattern? This is my very garment designed using beads and sequins but I can assure you, it won’t be my last as I enjoyed every bit of the designing process and I am confident you can make yours also. I have also provided information on how to make your own version when you decide not to use either of the beads/sequins so that it fits your personality.
- Can I use more colors than suggested in the pattern? Sure, you are welcome to make your own versions of this top in colors of your choice. No matter the color(s) you decide on using, this top would come out so beautiful.
- How long does it take to crochet this? In as much as we all crochet at different speeds, I would suggest budgeting between 1-and 3 weeks. The time it would take you to complete your wallet depends on so many things like – the size you are making, the speed at which you crochet, and the amount of time at your disposal.