I am excited to share with you my latest make, the easy Crochet towel holder with wooden rings! I have always wanted to make a towel holder with wooden rings and finally happy with the outcome of this.
Crochet towel holders can be a handy and stylish addition to your kitchen or bathroom.
The crochet towel holder is a free pattern, scroll down for the tutorial. You can get the Ad-free version on Etsy or Ravelry using the buttons below.
Other crochet projects for the home
Best Yarn for Crochet Towel Holders
When choosing a yarn for your crochet towel holders, you’ll want something durable, washable, and absorbent! Considering these functions, the best yarn is either a cotton yarn or a cotton blend.
- Cotton yarn: This is the most popular choice for kitchen and bath items. It’s very durable, absorbent, and can easily be washed. For example, Lily Sugar ‘N Cream is a widely used brand for these types of projects.
- Cotton blend yarn: This yarn is a blend of cotton and other fibers, like acrylic. This retains the durability and washability of cotton while the other fibers can add softness or other desirable properties.
Finished Measurement of this crochet towel holder = 7” by 6.5”
Supplies you will need for the crochet towel holder
Yarn – 24/7 Cotton, #3 lightweight (100% Cotton, 273 yards/250 m per 3.75 oz/100g Skein).
Hook – 4 mm Crochet Hook
Gauge = Not critical to this project
Important things to note when making this crochet towel holder
- Please kindly read through the pattern before starting.
- Any other weight of #3 weight yarn can be substituted.
Difficulty Level – Intermediate
Terms – US Terminology
Stitches you will need for this crochet towel holder pattern
Chain/chains – ch/chs
Single Crochet – sc
Half Double crochet – hdc
Crossed half double crochet – skip next st, hdc in next st, crocheting in front of the hdc just made, work hdc into the skipped st.
How to crochet a towel holder
Pick up the first wooden ring
Make a slip knot to secure the ring.
Row 1: Ch 1, make 18 sc around the ring, leave the remaining part uncovered
Round 2: ch 1, in BLO, sc in next 18 sts, turn, ( crocheting into the stitches left when working into the BLO earlier), sc in each of the 18 sts, join with a sl st to the beginning ch. 36 sc
Round 3: Ch 2, xhdc around, join with a sl st to the beginning ch. – 18xhdc
Rounds 4 – 18: Rep Row 3
Round 19: Ch 1, sc in each st around. join with a sl st to the beginning ch. 36 sc
- Ch 1, crocheting over both halves of the project to close the loop
Row 20: Ch 1, sc over both sts across, turn.
- Pick up the second ring
- The next row will be made crocheting around the ring
Row 21: Ch 1, crocheting around the ring, sc in each st around.
Sew all ends.
As part of the summer vibes hops, this crochet towel holder pattern is featured today and available as a free download today 13th. Use the buttons below
I will love to see your version of this towel holder!