Let’s make a crochet summer scarf using this free pattern. This is a one-row repeat project and perfect for a beginner! This is a perfect scarf for layering as it adds a fun accent to your dress.
Other summer scarf crochet patterns on the blog
How to get the Crochet Summer Lacy Scarf Pattern
- Free Pattern: Scroll down this blog post for the written pattern
- Printable ad-free PDF: Ad-free printable pattern with more photos for details. This helps me continue to provide free patterns. Thank you for your support!
- Purchase on Ravelry and ETSY
- Pin this post for later
How to Modify the Scarf Pattern
You adjust the width and length of this easy summer crochet scarf pattern by simply adjusting the foundation chain to the width you require, using a multiple of 2. To adjust the length, simply increase or decrease the number of rows.
So if you want a wider scarf, you simply chain a multiple of 2
If you want a much longer scarf, reduce the number of repeats of the rows.
If you want a much shorter scarf, simply reduce the repeats of the rows.
Supplies needed for this easy summer crochet scarf pattern
Yarn – You can use any weight of yarn for your summer lace scarf project. I wanted a lightweight scarf with a beautiful drape, hence I went with a sport-weight yarn.
Hobbii Dahlia Mixo, #2 (100% Cotton, 874 yards/ 800 m per 7oz/200g Cake)
Estimated Total Yardage
4 mm Crochet Hook
15 sts over 9 rows = 10 cm/4” before Blocking. Made in hdc
Gauge isn’t really important for this project
Summer Lacy Crochet Scarf Pattern Notes
1. Please kindly read through the pattern before starting.
2. Similar #2 weight yarn can be substituted, please check the gauge.
3. Chains at the beginning of each round/row do not count as a stitch except indicated.
This scarf is worked in two pieces, after which it is then joined together.
Difficulty level – Easy
Terms – US Terminology
Chain(s) – ch(s)
Single Crochet – sc
Double crochet – dc
Slip stitch – sl st
Repeat – rep
Shell = 6 dc in indicated stitch.
Summer Lace Scarf Finished Measurement
18” by 80”
Instructions for this easy summer crochet lace summer pattern
Row 1: Dc in 3rd ch from hook and in each ch across, turn. 57 dc
Row 2: Ch 4 (counts as dc + ch 1), skip next st, *dc in next st, ch 1, skip next st, rep from * to last st, dc in last st, turn. 29 dc 28 ch sps
Row 3: Ch 4, *skip next ch sp, ch 1, dc in next st, rep from * to end, turn. 29 dc, 28vch sps
Repeat Row 3 until your piece measures 80”
Increase or decrease the number of the repeats until you have your desired length
Do not fasten off.
- Crocheting around the whole panel (2 short sides, 2 long sides)
- Aim for 2 hdc in each ch 3 / dc
- [2 hdc, ch 2, 2 hdc] at each corner.
Round 1: Ch 2, hdc evenly around, aim for [2 hdc, ch 2, 2 hdc] at each corner, join with a sl st to the beginning chain.
Set aside and make the second piece
- Place the pieces close to each other with the long edge close.
- Join the two ends together using a slip-stitch or single crochet
- Crocheting around the whole piece.
- Join yarn with a sl st to any of the 4 corners.
Round 1: Ch 1, *skip next 2 sts, shell in next st, skip next 2 sts, sc in next st, rep from * to end, turn.
Sew in all ends
Block to measurement.
I will love to see your beautiful makes from this crochet summer scarf pattern.
As part of the summer vibes crochet blog hop, the summer crochet scarf is featured today. You can get the whole pattern included in this event using the link below.