To all my sleeve-loving ladies, this wide sleeve crochet top pattern was designed with you in mind. The class, elegance, and beauty in this top are breathtaking! I can’t get over the beauty.
I have always wanted garments with sleeves that make a statement. This is the 5th in line with my crochet wide-sleeve patterns. How many did you get? I would love to hear your opinion about these sleeves, like, love, indifferent, or hate? This would help in making decisions for my subsequent designs.
Stitch inspiration for this cute wide sleeves crochet top pattern
I have designed a few garments and accessories (hat and cowl) using this stitch pattern and still can’t get enough of the delicate, classy look in the stitch combination. I’ve linked the other patterns made using a similar stitch below.
I also have an oversize crochet lacy sweater in the works, to be released in August.
One of the things I love about handmade garments is the fact that you can adapt most to fit your personal styles. The LuLu Top is no exception! You can customize the length of this top as you prefer. The pattern has complete instructions on how to achieve this. Have a look at the picture below.
Since you love the LuLu Top Pattern, you should check out other similar patterns with a wide sleeve also.
Materials for this wide sleeve crochet top
Stylecraft Special DK, #3 light weight (100% Acrylic 322 yards/295 m per 3.5 oz/100g Ball)
3 Balls/10.5 oz/ 300 g /750 m / 820 yards
3 Balls/10.5 oz/ 300 g /885 m / 960 yards
4 Balls/14 oz/ 400 g /1100 m / 1200 yards
5 Balls/ 17.5 oz / 500 g / 1300 m / 1420 yards
5 Balls/ 17.5 oz / 500 g/ 1470 m / 1600 yards
6 Balls /21 oz / 600 g / 1600 m / 1750 yards
6 Balls /21 oz / 600 g / 1700 m / 1850 yards
7 Balls/ 24.5 oz / 700 g / 1800 m / 1900 yards
7 Balls/ 24.5 oz / 700 g/ 2000 m / 2187 yards
Hook and other Materials
– 4.5 mm Crochet Hook
– Buttons – 4 pcs (12cm)
17 sts over 12 rows = 10 cm/4” square made in hdc.
Adjust hook size if necessary, to obtain gauge.
- Please kindly read through the pattern before starting.
- Similar #3 weight yarn can be substituted, please check the gauge.
- Chains at the beginning of the rows do not count as a stitch.
Difficulty Level – Intermediate
Terms – US Terminology
Chain(s) – ch(s)
Half Double Crochet – hdc
Double Crochet – dc
Slip stitch – sl st
Front Post Half Double Crochet – FPhdc
Back Post Half Double Crochet – BPhdc
V st – [dc, ch1, dc] in same st
Shell – 5 dc in same stitch
Sizes/Color – XS(S, M, L, XL, 2Xl, 3XL, 4XL, 5XL)
Waist: 24(26, 28, 32, 36, 40, 44, 46, 50)”
Sleeve Length – 21(21, 22, 22, 23, 23, 24, 24, 24)”
Neckline Opening – 20(20, 24, 24, 28, 28, 28, 28, 28)”
Armhole Depth – 14(14, 16, 16, 18, 18, 20, 20, 20)”
Top Length – 16(16, 18, 18, 20, 20, 22, 22, 24)”
Modelled garment is shown in Medium.Pick a size based on your waist measurement as the bust is connected to the sleeves, it makes it roomy and a perfect fit for different bust sizes.
Frequently asked questions about this pattern -Wide sleeve crochet top pattern.
- Can I substitute any other type of yarn with the same weight? YES, I have only used Stylecraft yarn as that is the yarn available to me. You are welcome to use any other brand of yarn at your disposal. You can totaly go stash busting when making this crochet bag.
- Can I use another weight of yarn? It is not advisable to use another weight of yarn as this easy top pattern measurements, quage was based on #3 Double Knit (DK) weight yarn and also tested using similar weight. However, for the experienced crocheters, you might want to measure as you crochet. Do bear in mind that if you use any other weight of yarn, you might need to adjust your starting chains and the number of repeats.
- I have never made a crochet top before, how easy is this pattern? This pattern is graded as an intermediate level in terms of the stitches used and where they are placed. I would recomend that a beginner who is yet to make many items and is not patient to learn should not start with this top so as not to get fraustrated. It is however, an easy to follow pattern with repeats of basic rows. I am convidient you can make yours also. I have also provided informations on how to make your own version.
- Can I use more colors than suggested in the pattern? Sure, you are welcome to make your own versions of this top in colors of your choice. No matter the the color(s) you decide on using, this top would come out so beautiful.
- How long does it take to crochet this? In as much as we all crochet at different spead, I would suggest to bugget between 1-2 weeks. The time it would take you to complete your bag depends on so many things like – the size you are making, the spead at which you crochet, the amount of time at your disposal.