This easy crochet sweater pattern is a dream come true! My Spring garment collections this year is themed – SLEEVES. Yes, I want sleeves that makes a statement. So, I am super glad this Batwing Sweater – an easy crochet sweater pattern comes first. I love the easy that comes with designing, crocheting and much more wearing this fun sweater.
Well, as I stated, the concept is all about the sleeves. Since Batwing crochet Sweater seems popular these days, I decided to make my own version of a no-sew crochet sweater with wide sleeves. If you have been searching for an easy pullover pattern, this would be your go-to all year round.
Please note that this easy crochet sweater pattern is a paid Pdf downloadable Pattern.
Materials required for this easy crochet sweater pattern
Stylecraft Monet, Worsted/Aran weight, #4 (50% Cotton, 50% Acrylic, 200 yards/183 m per 3 oz/100g Ball)
4Balls/12 oz/400 g/ 800 yd / 732 m
5 Balls/15 oz/500 g / 875 yd / 800 m
5 Balls/15oz/500 g /984 yd/ 900 m
6 balls /16oz /600 g /1072 yd /980 m
6 Balls /16oz/600 g/1312 yd / 1090 m
7 Balls /21oz/700 g /1258 yd / 1150 m
7 Balls /21 oz /700 g /1388 yd / 1280 m
8 Balls/24 oz /800 g /1488 yd / 1360 m
8 Balls/24 oz /800 g/1597 yd / 1460 m
Hook and other Materials
– US size 7 (6 mm) Crochet Hook
– Yarn needle
14 sts over 11 rows = 10 cm/4” square made in hdc
Adjust hook size if necessary, to obtain gauge.
Since you love this pattern, you might also love my other cardigans here on my site –
- Please kindly read through the pattern before starting.
- Similar #4 weight yarn can be substituted, please check the gauge.
- Chains at the beginning of the rows do not count as a stitch.
Difficulty Level –Beginner
Terms – US Terminology
Chain(s) – ch(s)
Slip stitch – sl st
Half Double Crochet – hdc
Front Post Half Double Crochet – FPhdc
As with all of my garment patterns, the Kaye’s sweater is size inclusive and comes in 9 different sizes.
Sizes/Color – XS(S, M, L, XL, 2Xl, 3XL, 4XL, 5XL)
Waist: 24 (26, 28, 32, 36, 40, 44, 46, 50)”
Sleeve Length – 21 (21, 22, 22, 23, 23, 24, 24, 24)”
Neckline Opening – 20 (20, 24, 24, 28, 28, 28, 28, 28)”
Armhole Depth – 16 (16, 17, 17, 18, 18, 19, 19, 19)”
Modelled garment is shown in Medium.
Pick a size based on your waist measurement.
- This sweater is worked in 3 sections.
- Section 1 – Both panels (front and Back) are made in one piece in rows with neck opening made midway. The bodice should be from to the waist.
- Section 2 – Waistband is then made in rounds. You can increase or reduce the number of rounds as you prefer.
- Section 3 – Sleeves made in rounds
- There is no sewing needed throughout the pattern.
Other things included in the pattern to help with making yours –
- Detailed Schematics
- Color code for each size to make it super easier when making yours.
- Instructions on how to customize this easy crochet sweater for a perfect fit!
I would love to see your own version of this easy crochet sweater made using my pattern. Do tag me — @crochet_fosbas on INSTAGRAM